Monday, June 7, 2010

Forgive me readers, I have sinned

Wow, how moving, inspiring and just plain awesome it has been the last 24 hours seeing the response to my first blog post! I am feeling truly amazed. BUT fearless readers I am afraid I have already sinned - I had Wendy's for dinner.

And I didn't make "good" choices either. I had a full spread of spicy chicken sandwich, medium fries, and medium frosty for a total of 1,200 calories and 44 grams of fat.

You say, "Emily, it is only day 2 of your blogland journey." Trust me, I know. I have realized the err of my ways and will have to work tomorrow to make it up.

No alcohol + no soda = no fun
I gave up the two aformentioned items for the month of June. That's right, no alcohol or soda for 30 days and 30 nights. It is part of my Fighting Fat challenge. Alcohol is relatively easy for me as if I just stay away from bars, I can avoid it pretty easily. Soda has always been something I've consumed on a daily basis. Sometimes more than one (or two or three). I grew up drinking regular soda and switched to diet in college. My reasoning behind giving it up is the artificial sweetner diet soda contains. I have recently really tried to cut back on eating things with aspertame. I still use Splenda in my coffee, but I stopped buying Yoplait Lite yogurt, which contains aspertame. To me, aspertame makes me hungrier and crave sugary foods.

Me in February enjoying a lovely Mardi Gras hurricane.


So, tomorrow is another day. I have spring rolls to make and a work out planned.

5 comments:

KG said...

I am glad you confessed so I don't have to start my "Oh Really Emily?" blog. ha :)
I am drinking a Diet Coke right now. Sigh. I need to go cold turkey again.
And I need to try those spring rolls. :)

Stephen said...

I agree with KG, kudos for not covering it up. It'll be alright...

Mess In A Dress said...

I'm going to add you on my blogroll on my "most liked" blogs!

Big Life, Little Blog said...

Thank you Anne! As one of my favorite writers, you will be added to my fave blog list as soon as I have time to get one up!

eedee said...

If you'd like to get away from the aspartame, try Purvia, http://www.purevia.com/... it's a natural sweetener, unlike Splenda.

Post a Comment